Thursday, December 8, 2011

How can I increase my agility for basketball?

I am pretty good shooter and I ok good defense, but I am a little bit sluggish when I run with the basketball, so please, if anyone can give me tips on having great speed, please answer. Thanks|||Be sure to run on your toes and jump rope for 30 min in 5 min intervals run sprints.........wall jumps and kareokes thats what my coach has us doing and we went to state last year......and get weight balls to pass with they have nothing to do with agility but they will improve your passes if you pass with them


---Catey, Freshman basketball team|||sprints, s, improve ur abs|||put like three or four chairs in a line but far apart from each other and in open room. try running with the basketball and go in a zig zag direction around the chairs





hope that helps|||You didn't mention your age, but I would recommend two things; 1) Dribbling drills. Line up 4 chairs about 10 feet apart and weave in and out of them going as fast as you can.


2) Jump rope. 20-30 minutes every other day. This will improve your balance, coordination, jumping ability and conditioning.


These ideas aren't glamorous but if want to really improve they will work. - Coach BA|||Slolom-type basketball drills, sprints, jumping rope, and I really like taking medicine balls and shooting with those. Although it doesn't help my agility, it is strengthening my three-pointers.





Good luck!|||visit my website... it has some pretty good drills that I use with my team. www.coachreggie.com








Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment