Thursday, December 15, 2011

How to recover after basketball ends for track?

My body is killing me because of basketball. We only hold stretches for 10 seconds so my muscles are tight, even when I stretch on my own. I am so bruised up o my legs I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I have a 3 day break between basketball and track (distance running). What can I do in those three days to be ready for track? Thanks!|||relax, stretch, lots of water, and ice on bruised spots and of course plenty of sleep and healthy foods|||Sleep! your body recovers itself a lot better while sleeping (repairing muscles and stress relief.) Also you can eat healthy foods and protein - again to repair muscles. A sauna or hot tub is also a really good idea, this will help you relax and ease your body back to its healthy natural state. It feels really good to stretch in a sauna or hot tub, the heat will increase your flexibility. And if all else fails, the beginning of track seems to be rather chill in my experiences anyway. Most coaches will just have you learn the stretching routines, which will also help rejuvenate you, and choose your events.|||STREACH! RUN AROUND THE HOUSE, RUN OUTSIDE,JOG OUTSIDE, RUN BACK AND FOURTH ON THE SIDEWALK OR IN THE STREET,CLICK YOUR LEGS UP AS HARD AS YOU CAN,TAKE A HOT SOOTHING BATH NOT A SHOWER A BATH BECAUSE IT HELPS YOUR LEGS RELAX,PUT A HEATING PAD ON YOUR LEG MUSCLES IT REALLY HELPS. I HAVE TRACK TRYOUTS FOR MY SCHOOL MONDAY AND I WAS IN CROSS COUNTRY RUNNING (LONG DISTANCE RUNNING) AND IF THESE THINGS HELPED ME THEY SHOULD HELP YOU! :) HOPE THIS HELPS!|||get in a swimming pool and do relaxation stretches and recovery moves to relieve the stress and pounding of basketball.....don't do anything strenuous in the pool just float and stretch and move and recover....Hydrotherapy......recuperatio鈥?relief.....|||just relax for the three days with no physical work and stretch at least 2 times a day for 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment