Thursday, December 15, 2011

How fast can I go back to playing basketball after torn labrum surgery?

I tore my labrum playing football in october and I had artho surgery on October 9th. It's my senior year and i'm a major contributer to the basketball team. Will I be able to play?|||No, don't risk it. If you're a major contributor you don't want to blow your chances at a college scholarship by being hurt.





I'm a professional baseball player who had surgery on the labrum in June this year and am still not throwing (doctors orders) even though I feel great. These things really need time to heal even though you may feel good enough to do it, don't!





http://www.yougoprobaseball.com/HowToStr鈥?/a> If flexibility is a problem.





http://www.yougoprobaseball.com/Pitching鈥?/a> More information that may help you with your post surgery and rehabilitation.





Seriously, give it a little more time. I know what it's like to be on the sidelines but you don't want to ruin your chances at college. Good Luck!|||Hmm...Basketball is staring right about now, isn't it? I would say you can't right now as it's been under two months.





But it also depends on how you are progressing in pt and what your doctor thinks.





They probably gave you a timeline, but with physical therapy and your therapist, you can probably work to beat the time to return.





I would say wait until your appt with your doctor so you can get discharged from Pt and return to bball with your doctor's go ahead.





You definitely don't want to do anything too early and your shoulder is a major part in basketball.





Good luck :)





here's a link, but it's best to ask your doctor or pt





http://www.hopkinsortho.org/labrum_tear.鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment