Monday, December 12, 2011

What is proper etiquette for sharing a basketball court?

At my fitness center, there are two basketball courts. I was playing with some friends on one half of a court (the other court already had a game going on) when 10 guys just came on and just took over without asking to play a game. I was pretty pissed and got in 2 of their faces telling them to play half court, but backed off because I couldn't take all 10 of them. What is the proper etiquette here? Shouldn't people play half court when other people are already using/want to use the courts as well?|||Etiquette varies from gym to gym, but I don't know any place where it's acceptable to just take over a court where other people are playing without saying anything to them.





If it's at a fitness center, your best move is probably to go find the manager and ask him what their policy is regarding the basketball courts. Tell him what happened and ask him to post a copy of the policy somewhere near the courts to avoid future confrontations.|||That's funny because the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. These guys were running full court and I took my little nephews and their friends to the park so they could play basketball. But this park only had 1 court. So after their game was over, I stepped on the other end and started shooting. They basically expected me to move because they still wanted to run a full. Bottom line is I didn't move and was actually about to fight these dudes. I had to call my brother and my uncle!! LOL! But yea, next time, don't let nobody take over da court. And let whoever is in charge at the fitness center know what's going on so it won't keep happening.|||yes, you're absolutely right, the other guys were *****. maybe you should talk to the director of the fitness center and ask him to post a sign or something.|||this stuff happens all of the time.. there is no etiquette really.


it's whether you stand up for yourself or not.





they should either respect you space or ask to join.





at least they didn't steal your ball.. i hate that|||yea ussualy its half court unless the other side agrees on somthing else





they were jerks nd u should of just kicked them in the nuts lol jk|||bring 10 of your buddys and beat em up

No comments:

Post a Comment