Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I get my fingers stronger for basketball?

So I have began training for the basketball season. I have big hands, so i can hold a ball in place with one hand on the top. I can only do it for about five seconds though, what can I do or purchase to help me workout the muscles in my fingers?|||Excellent question. Here's a few ideas:





1. Get a sandbag, depending on your size and strength, I'd say 25 lbs., and do rows with it by gripping it on both sides with your fingers.





2. Hold and/or Carry Weight plates (preferably without the lip - so smooth ones) with your fingers/hands. Start with moderate weight and pick a specific distance or time to carry or hold them...then increase weight %26amp; time/distance.





3. Perform some "ball handling" with a medicine ball. Not dribbling around, but slapping the ball with your hands/fingers to strengthen them.





Just a couple of ideas...hope this helps!|||practice a 3 point stance


you know the stance that the football players you put most of your weight on your fingers there

No comments:

Post a Comment