Monday, December 12, 2011

How much force is required to throw a basketball?

Is it possible for an athlete to throw a basketball so that it will have an initial velocity of 45 ft/sec. I cannot imagine how fast this velocity is. My question is how much force is required by our muscle to produce such initial velocity (45 ft/sec)? Are human muscles strong enough to produce this initial velocity?|||Not 100% sure how to solve this question but I can give a rough idea. Hopefully it is right.


Since force = mass x acceleration.


If you could find any formula relating acceleration to velocity, you can replace acceleration in the formula and also the mass to find the force|||I am confident that the answer of your question can be found here...





http://www.mathalino.com/forum/physics/shoot-ball-101





I hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment