Monday, December 12, 2011

How to become a high school basketball coach?

Hey I'm a 16 year old sophomore in high school and I was wondering what steps I can take to maybe making a career out of coaching basketball at the high school or college level. I love the game of basketball and currently play on my high school team. But being only 5'8 I know realistically it would be extremely difficult to play professional basketball. However I do love the sport and really want to be able to coach after college. Any tips to help me do this?|||well just know how to help with the fundamentals, plays and drills a team can do and learn how to wrap anckles just in case. when you get out of college start with highschool and work your way up


if up is what you want|||Head to university, major in Human Kinetics and become a PE teacher. When you go to job interviews for the teaching spot make it clear that you are interested in coaching basketball. This will increase your chances of getting a teaching job and allow you to coach basketball because many schools have trouble finding teachers who are knowledgeable about the game and have the time and desire. It will take a few years for you to make the transition from high school to college and you will have to make a name for yourself by turning out good players and winning alot but it is by means possible|||I started by volunteering. Ask your junior high coach if he needs an assistant. Make sure you know some good drills. Create your own ones and put it into practice. Study the game man. I usually watch the way different NBA coaches run their plays and I copy them. Since you are sixteen man the future is ahead of you. Never say never man you can become pro. I made pretty far and I am 5'5 I learned to shot 3 pointers and that was my lethal weapon. Alright I hope this helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment